Monday, September 04, 2006

New Projects and Warm Muffins

So, it's cold here in NY, in fact, it's frigid in the mornings. And with Little P starting second grade on Thursday, I felt a poncho was in order. I had envisioned some thing fleecy and warm and soft. Apparently Little P had the same visions, hers were just a little brighter than mine.
Check it...
Don't tell me you won't see her coming a mile away!!! I don't really have a set pattern, but my hope is to make two poncho coat things, two hats and two scarfs. She will be all set for a while, not to mention too stinkin' cute for words!

There was some rather strange toy phenomenon going on in our house today. The wire holder that goes in the fridge to hold soda was turned into a torture chamber for rather innocent Star Wars men,
Well almost innocent...
And then there was the battle of the Doggie Daycare camps.... with some unwanted visitors...

That is one pissed off little Jawa....
And finally it has been so cold here that I have been on a muffin kick. This usually doesn't happen until late September, early October, but when the weather cooperates, I bake. Not knowing when it will be 100 again, really makes you seize the day.
This new recipe worked out so well I am making it again tomorrow. It's a Bananna Chocolate Chip Oatmeal muffin. The kids have LOVED these, and it will be our little secret that they are made with applesauce, and wheatflour, in this case, what they don't know will most certainly NOT kill them. And sometimes as a momma you shoot your self in the foot with telling them how healthy it is before they eat it. So it's a treat right.... (wink, wink, wink)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ko Jo said...

Cool Little P will match me in my scarf you made!!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home