Sunday, August 20, 2006

Picture Crazy

Have you seen this game?
I will tell you that I don't know if I have ever heard my children laugh as hard as they did playing this game today.... It's kind of a more difficult combination of Hungry, Hungry Hippo and Ant In the Pants. You have to put bugs on these little arm things and catapult them into the head of this frog that is whirling around. Not as easy as it sounds, I assure you....... Yeah, so what if my three year old beat the pants off me, Oh you mind your own business!

We were hoping to see Craig again while he was in town. The timing didn't work out until this afternoon, he stopped by bearing amazing gifts. Completely unnecessary, totally thoughtful, and golden to me, what's more was he was so stoked to come over when the kids were awake and running around and got to spend some real time with them.

He genuinely thought about what we had said about our kids and their interests. You want me to like you? You want me to trust you and feel safe with you, start with adoring my children, taking an interest in the two things that are so far above all else for me. Get to know where my heart is at, wrapped up in these two little bodies.
He spend several hours listening to Boots talk about every dinosaur fact there is, and watching attentively over Little P's shoulder as she began to fall head over heels in love with this.
She went crazy making book marks and post cards and god only knows what else she air brushed!
She also received this insane art kit, it's HUGE and I swear the minute she saw it, it took her breath away. Way to go Craig!
Have I mentioned that this is a 7 year old little girl who is well aware of what Craypas are and how they are used. She has a preference for oil paints over acrylics any day. A girl after my own heart. So art, she knows a thing or two about.

Boots, who is dinosaur nut got this.
To go along with his new Leap Pad! Holy freakin' gift. Little P has one that she lets him use, sometimes, and he LOVES it. So now he has one of his own. Thanks Craig!!!!!!!
So after Craig started his crazy long drive back home, we needed some dinner, and along with dinner we had a big fresh, salad. What goes best with salad? You guessed it....Fresh, homemade croutons. I am ashamed to admit that I bought croutons for years, not really understanding how easy and much more tasty they are to make. So let me tell you.

All you need to start with is a couple of spare pieces of italian bread. Any kind of bread will do, but the denser the better.

Dice them.

Put them into a small frying pan on med heat with a little butter. Toss to coat.
Season, toss to coat some more. (Season with what ever you like, you're the one that has to eat them!)
Remove when toasted and yummy looking. (About 8 to 10 minutes at the most for the whole process.)
And since Mr. Fantastic was feeling a little under the weather today, I made him sugar cookies and bought lots of OJ, and a few movies to pass the time. Besides he loves him some more movies.
I have also decided to show you some of my secrets..... No, not those kind of secrets.... Sicko.

The secrets in my house, like did you know that my beautiful armoire,
Is really a rather large, expensive toy box?

Absurd, you bet. Necessary, absolutely.

Or perhaps the fact that I have a large magnetic chalk boad in my.....
Kitchen, so when I am cooking or baking the kids can play and work on their alphabet or draw with chalk. Those are dinosaur magnets, he has learned the name of every last one of them. Simply because he wanted to.
I have rambled on enough for today, we had a great day, here's hoping you did too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home