Saturday, August 19, 2006

Screening Party

Mr. Fantastic had his screening party last night, for their newest completed film. You can read about it here.
This amazing art work was done by our freind, Dan. Who has also completed the drawing for my last big tattoo, it is my 30th birthday present to myself... what? Isn't that what you've always wanted for your birthday?

Back to the movie... It was filmed last summer, so it has been a while since everyone got together. Last summer as we all know was insanely hot. Like all heat, all the time kind of hot. For almost a week solid here it has been in the 70's, cooling well into the low 60's at night. Could it be that way as we packed our house with actors and crew? Oh, no, it needed to be 90 at nine o'clock and so humid I could have cut the air with a knife. Coincidence? I think not!

This one of the leads, Marc Raco, having his make-up done.
But everyone seemed to have a good time, catching up, munching happily with each new dish that came out. They all really loved the film, which was a huge stress for Mr. Fantastic and his production partner. This is his fifth film, he has a dream and he is proactive about it. That is something that I LOVE about him in a big, big way. He doesn't sit back and wait for it to come to him, he goes out there after it. He's passionate about it, and it shows. This is in his blood, and I knew it from the moment that I met him.

Little P and Boots loved being up past their bed times, getting different treats and generally being adored by the cast and crew. And as a very special gift to us, they slept in this morning, not like waste the day away kind of sleeping in, but it was after 7:30 before we saw them. For those of you who don't know me, I don't sleep very much, when I do, it's usually at the tail end of the morning. Someone up there liked me this morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home