Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Life Lessons

Yesterday I rented some movies, the kids have Charlottes Web 2, and for some reason that escapes me, they have never seen the first one. So I rented this and a few others.
This morning they asked to watch it while eating their bagels. I had no problem with this, so in it went and I continued on with dishes. About 20 minutes goes by and I hear, " Mom, how EXACTLY do you get bacon from a pig?"

I took a deep breath and what I really wanted to say was "Well, you ask nicely and if he likes you he might have a large supply of bacon and he will dole you out some, and you see the grocery stores, they have a great relationship with pigs, and........."

But then I thought better about it. She has a right to be educated about what she is consuming. So another deep breath later I started to explain where it comes from and how you get, bacon and ham and pork chops. The poor thing was mortified. She looked at me with tears in her little eyes and declared that she was not going to be a part of that, she "would never eat pig again."

Apparently, when you are seven never is a relative term, because we had BLT's for dinner, at her request....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's my Punky Monkey! Her taste buds rule over almost anything else. I've never seen a person who enjoys food as much as she does.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home