Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dashboard Warnings and Bad Shoes

So this week hasn't exactly been stellar. You know sometimes when you are kind of at your limit for things going wrong, and THEN your service engine soon light comes on in your car. And all you can say is " Of freakin' course!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I mentioned that my baby brother is getting married next weekend. He is adorable and I will do anything for him, so when they asked me to be a part of the wedding of course, I said yes. There have since been minor crisis after minor crisis as with all weddings. The dress had to be ordered forever ago, when I finally got it from a bridal shop out of town it was HUGE, blah, blah, blah. Thank goodness for a really good seamstress at a bridal shop here in town!

So here we are down to the final stretch and I go to pick up the dye-able shoes, now normally, this is not my thing. But it is all part of the being a bridesmaid package. So I order them over three weeks ago. I received the call that they were in. So I pack up the kids and among running other errands, dropped in to pick them up. I open the box and find a nasty mint green shoe glaring back at me. I very calmly asked to see their color book, so make sure that I had indeed picked the appropriate color and not this offensive 90 year old florida footwear. And I had picked the exact color I was suppose to, so then I tried to stay calm as the girl tells me that there is nothing they can do, it's a mistake, but now there is no time to fix it and perhaps I should have ordered them earlier.... That was it, I lost it...

I looked at the sales clerk whom by the way appeared to be 10, and isn't that illegal in NY. Child labor laws or something??????!!!!!! I fought off the urge to say "And where is your mommy little girl?" and instead asked for the manager who read me the same bull for at least 20 minutes while Little P and Boots where loosing their patience for waiting. I gritted my teeth, and in a low voice said " I have stood here for at least 20 minutes listening to you tell me what I did wrong, so now let me tell you, what you did wrong." I bought YOUR shoe, I picked YOUR color specified in YOUR book, I agreed to and waited for YOUR three week time frame, YOUR company was happy to take my money and now YOUR company will find a way to fix this today, right now in fact. So I will stand right here, while you get YOUR boss on the phone and I would appreciate if you would loose the condescending tone and admit YOUR mistake. I walked out with a promise that the shoes that took no less than three weeks before would be back in two days, and if they didn't get it right that time, they would pay to have them dyed at another store. I picked them up after the two days and guess what??? I guess you can dye a shoe in two days.... who knew?
And just when I saw a little light at the end of a very hectic tunnel..... I got back in my car after picking up the shoes and looked down at that lovely little service engine soon light that had just made a new home on my dashboard. Some times you just can catch a break.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home