Friday, August 24, 2007

New Space for Boots

It has been forever since I last posted. I have been really busy. For one thing we redid Boots room. Now I know it's ridiculous that it has taken us this long to do something fun for the boy. We are both fairly creative people, Mr. Fantastic is a graphic designer for Pete's sake! And yet that did not prevent the poor boy from living in a white box for the last four years!
We decided to replace the windows in his room about a month ago, and with that change the motivation to actually decorate started to flow. We decided to go with a simple geometric design that he would grow with. And that leaf I bought from Ikea was going to fit into that scheme if it killed me!
The shades were a nightmare to make, but I LOVE the end result! And the room is still missing a few finishing touches that should be done with in the next week or two when I have thirty seconds to sit down and sew! I will be making a triple sized denim bean bag chair with velvet piping and head and foot board covers, also in denim. With little boys is there any better of a fabric than denim? It actually looks better the more you beat it up!

He as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle tv that has speakers on the sides, I was determined to be able to close it away when it was not in use. So I found a heavy duty draw slide kit and made his armoire a little entertainment center.

He loves it! Thank god, because I spent a fair amount of time while I was painting trying to convince him that no, he did not need a dinosaur, jimmy neutron, transformers room. I was praying that when we were done he would be able to rest easy in a room that was made with him in mind.

That having been said I have a habit of checking on my kids, sometimes several times a night. I don't sleep well anyhow so as long as I am up, I check in on them, at some point in between me looking in he woke up and turned on his light. So in seeing this I went into turn it off and this is what I found...
Apparently his is quite comfortable in his new digs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

What a fabulous room! Love the green!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home