Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bunnies on the Brain

I think by now you know that when I set my mind to doing something, I will not quit until I get what I want. Now this can be bad in some cases. But not in this case, I simply couldn't resist making these little bitty bunnies. I even had a hard time stopping blanket stitching during Lost, I tried to stick to the commercial breaks, but it simply wasn't enough time!
The parts were T-I-N-Y... not that I expected anything different.
The embrodery was fun. I haven't done much of that so this was a good tiny scale to do it on. Mistakes are not so visible when they are that little!
I just realized that this last pic looked really sadistic, I assure you I did not behead the Easter Bunny's baby.

See, here she is safe and sound AND whole. And bonus, she has a tail. Come on, what little baby bunny doesn't have one of those?
It turned out to be the perfect mini size for my Magoo's Big Footed Bunny.
Who, by the way finally has a face! (The bunny, not my Magoo! )
As Mr. Fantastic pointed out yesterday I must have bunnies on the brain. I was showing him a few treasures that I happened upon while I was at the fabric store the other day and I showed him this:
It was on clearance for a less than a buck. I mean, look at him, how stinkin' cute his he??? And for a dollar? I wasn't going to say no. And for the record I am not a huge fan of kit stuff. Not in general, but for myself, I don't like the limitations. However I do look to see what there is out there, you never know where you might find an idea. And there are an awful lot of insanely creative people that make those kits, so browse I will, idea steal I will (and give credit where credit is due of course), and buy for a dollar, you bet I will!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Another beautiful sewing creation! YOu are on fire!

1:56 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

you lil bunny is super cute and your big footed bunny is amazing. damn i wish i could sew!!!!

7:25 AM  
Blogger LBP said...

Your bunnies are beautiful! I expecially like the tiny ones, so cute!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Those tiny bunnies are so cute! The funny thing is that I was just looking through some of my old craft books and ran across that same pattern. I think I may need to make some now, too! (Once I finish the 5 million other projects I have already started.)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home