Monday, December 04, 2006

Update

Okay, so it is going to be a very busy two weeks. On Friday my youngest brother called me with the news that he was engaged and getting married, "When?" I asked, "In two weeks," he answered. It is obvious that they are not fans of long engagements. I will be traveling back home this weekend with Mr. Fantastic to see the family, and see my youngest brothers new house. Then I will be making the trip back out on the 16th for the blessed event sans Mr. Fantastic. He has to work, so I will be attending the festivities solo.

Unlike the last wedding disaster when I was struck with the overwhelming urge to make my own dress, I have a killer dress, appropriate, but killer. I think every woman should own one of those, a dress you feel great in, and look even better in, that travels and wears well, and you have to have at least one pair of amazing shoes to go with it. All of that covered, I am more than ready to attend the event.

My in-laws will be in shortly after the wedding and that definitely reminds me that Christmas is a mere 21 days away! And I am seriously behind. However this is what I am currently working on...
Little P received and American Girl Doll for her birthday and now she is terribly interested in dressing this doll. However with the outfits going for a minimum of $30.00 a piece, she isn't going to have a over flowing closet anytime soon. However I came across these patterns on sale for 99 cents each and I am in the middle of making items for Elizabeth to wear. Mostly out of my scrap material bag. They are so tiny they don't really require a lot of material or time. So she should have a large box of clothing by the time that Christmas arrives.

I have also narrowed down my choices for ornaments. As soon as I make a decision and make a trial one I will take pics so you can see to. I will take into account the advice that it should have glitter....I am a huge fan of snowflakes and white on white ornaments, maybe some iridescent looks too. We will be getting a tree soon, and it will be a big one. We have incredibly high ceilings in the great room, and so when I haul out the ornaments to decorate I will gather up the ornament projects from the past years and give you a little peek.

3 Comments:

Blogger S. Rick said...

I definitely second the whole "killer" dress notion. You look absolutely GORGEOUS in that dress!!! So, any occasion that is cause for you to wear that dress makes it cause for me to celebrate! :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Ko Jo said...

Must post pictures of this killer dress and shoes.
Also, the penguin ornaments on skiis are my favorite of your past homemade ornaments!!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom made tons of American Girl clothes for the niece of a woman she works with. Major hit - as yours will be.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home