Thursday, December 07, 2006

Fraggles Make Everyone Happy

I bought this shirt a while back. It was cute and fun and who the hell from my generation doesn't know who the Fraggles were? So I was wearing it yesterday when Mr. Fantastic says, Oh yeah, we have the first season on DVD of that.
When that happened, I don't know. But it was a fun little surprise for Little P and Boots, whom had read the books and seen and old VHS tape with a few odd episodes on it. They sat mesmerized for the better part of an hour and a half. Jim Henson, yet again, keeps them entertained, there is nothing violent or wildly inappropriate that I need to keep a sharp ear out for, I remember spending every Sunday night watching The Muppets with my brother. I distinctly remember laying on the floor in the den with a bowl of popcorn and some apple cider, watching Kermit sing the blues about how hard it is to be green. There isn't really anything like that on now, not to the level that The Muppets were, every week, high quality and on normal TV. For those kids out there that grew up like me with three maybe four channels. Entertaining for kids and for parents, gotta love that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Totally happy memories of both Fraggles and The Muppets. I think Muppet humor is part of the explanation for why our generation is by and large a sarcastic bunch. Remember the two guys in the balcony?

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simon and I loved Fraggle Rock too. Lots of catchy music as I recall. :-)

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home