Saturday, July 29, 2006

Plastic for the Oven

This morning I made some muffins in my silicone muffin liners. The ones I got from Aunt K for my birthday. They were amazing! Plain and simple. I have never worked with silicone before. I have seen them before and always wondered about the results. And then there was a little fear about putting plastic in the oven... So fears aside, perfect muffins in front of me... I'm sold!

Okay, so I need to get a little more even on the amount of batter I put into each one. Anyhow, I got two different sets of 6. One set was much stiffer and seemingly thicker than the other, however that did not effect the end product of the muffin at all.

These are a very basic nugmeg muffin that get the tops brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. They are light and fluffy and a best when slathered with homemade strawberry jam!


To go along with these, we had fruit and yogurt, scrabbled eggs and those salt potatoes from last night made the best homefries!

We do LOVE us some breakfast...

So, do any of you have any idea what this is?
For those of you not schooled in the architecture of a three year old it is a plane, one that he and his sister can sit on the cushions on either side and fly to far away destinations. Specifically to that leaning building where they make all of the pizza... I love kids!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ko Jo said...

YEA!!! I am glad they worked well and you liked rhem :) The muffins looked delcious. Wish I was there for breakfast and a plane trip.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Miss Bliss said...

They worked great, as you can see. We wish you were here too, talk about not dreading a plane trip! Did you use your egg cups for dunkin' eggs yet?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Ko Jo said...

We sure did!! They were as delicious and they were fun.
THANK YOU!!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home