Thursday, February 08, 2007

Spring Fever or Wishful Thinking...

I have been on a bit of a clutter free kick lately. If I was like that all of the time, then there would be no need for the insanity that happens when I suddenly feel the need to throw everything in sight away. Thank goodness I do have some internal ability to stop myself. To some degree anyhow. Boots room was the object of choice yesterday. I have been thinking for some time now that he doesn't have enough fee space in his room to play.

We as a family embrace the fact that we have young children, and that with these lovely little people comes a plethora of stuff. Our house will never be picture perfect. We have toys in almost every room some how. We have tried to make our home as organized as one can with two little ones running around. We have a beautiful armoire in the living room. People remark on it when they see it, that it looks rustic and like it belongs. What they don't know is if they open it, they would be greeted with a sea of plastic tubs containing every possible action figure ever made, and very carefully perched pile of games and puzzles, endless marbles and magnetics, the list goes on and on. My point is we make no attempt in trying to hide the fact that children live here. We just try to make it less of a headache to put things away.

Boots has a closet in his room that he does not use. We have lived in this house for four years and that closet has hardly been used for much of anything. It has sliding doors which make me nervous. I see pinched fingers every time I look at them. We decided that we would see what could be done with closet organizers. We also needed to remove some furniture, so the dresser seems a likely candidate. By putting all of his clothes in the closet and using the rest of the drawers in his armoire, it should free up the space we were looking for. I love that dresser, it was my great grandmothers, but have no fear, it will be going into Little P's room. Her dresser is huge and it's beautiful. But as soon as it gets humid, forget it, what ever you put in those drawers you better not need until fall. The wood swells and the drawers are not coming open for anything. We learned that lesson the hard way this past summer...

So here is the closet now,
I am still figuring out if I want to make a gauze curtain like thing with tab tops and dinosaurs stitched on it. I have some time to make that decision. We won't be painting until after the new windows are in, so we can decide then if it needs something. One thing is for sure, I will not be putting those doors back up.....

While I was tearing down the closet rod and yanking out nails, boots was busy coloring with this:
Aunt Jenn got them these for Christmas. Gotta love color wonder!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home