Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Taking it in Stride

Things have been a little hectic to say the least. So if you feel neglected, I am soooo sorry! I am anxious for things to slow down, and to warm up damn it, when I got up this morning it was 10, that's right... I said freakin' 10!!!!! Now I know I live in New York and that shouldn't surprise me, however the weather has been so amazingly mild that I wasn't quite ready for the drop!

So after I got Little P on the bus for her super exciting day of snow shoeing and a dinner theatre of High School Musical for lunch, ( so technically that doesn't make it dinner theatre now does it?) I settled down to do some puzzles with the boy. He loves him some puzzles.

I am shocked he did not choose the Spiderman fighting with Venom one, these were a nice change of pace!

He also got The Happy Feet Game for Christmas, so we hauled it out today for a test run. It came with these super cute little eggs with feet, love them!
It was fun, I have to admit. I think that most of the joy for me came from hearing him make up his own songs. He is too funny! He is also learning about being a good sport, this is more difficult than it sounds. He has this insane competitive streak in him. So from the time that he was little we have always coached him to cheer on other players and to tell everyone good job and to take a loss in stride. Well today I saw that this was pretty much all for nothing, as he was nearing the finish line and I was still stuck back at the Zoo, he turned to me and said, " You'd better move it mom, or your gonna be toast, and not the buttery kind! "
He loves , and I mean loves to win, and that is what he did. I guess I should be thankful that he didn't spike the penguin and do his victory dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home