Monday, December 11, 2006

Kitchen Trees

This year we bought a insanely huge 12 foot Christmas tree for the living room, it is lovely. We decorated it on Sunday with the kids, that is an interesting experience. We kind of reserved the whole weekend for decorating and getting ready for this amazingly fast approaching holiday. I have had it in my brain that I would like a secondary Christmas tree in the kitchen of a while now.

We are fortunate enough to have a ton of space and very, very high ceilings. So last year I bought these ornaments in the hopes of using them this year.
I fell in love with them immediately. As I have mentioned before I am definitely a country girl at heart. Not in the paint everything that awful blue, load my walls up with shelves and fill them with knick knacks and stencil until I can't see straight kind of way, but in that rustic old log cabin kitchen filled with gingham and hammered tin kind of way. And our house is very modern in feel and design, so it normally doesn't fit with that scheme. I am not a frilly girl, so when I have the opportunity to have it feel even warmer with out adding a ton of shit I take it.

So here is the tree in the kitchen. Yes that is a frog on the top. Little P wanted it there, so there it stays.
I bought these angels a number of years ago,
I have just been waiting for the perfect setting to use them in, this year is their year, I am sure of it. More decorations to come!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

What a great tree! Love the red and white!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hi friend! I am finally catching up on your blog! :) I LOVE the kitchen tree! you did an awesome job, as always! :)

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home