Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rainy Days and Retail Therapy

Things have been really nuts around here this weekend. My parents in-law came in from CA on Friday morning for a whirl-wind wedding trip. Mr. Fantastics cousin got married on Sat. The reception was a ball! The bride and groom are some of the most real people you will ever meet, so it was a blast. The in-laws headed back to CA very early this morning, in the cold, wet, rain. So we decided today would be more low key day. We did make a quick run to Target to get a few things we needed and ended up getting more than we intended, but retail therapy is a good thing some days!

I found this for $4.00!
Couldn't pass it up, and see this time I took a pic when I WASN'T wearing it!

I loved this,
It's a cookie jar and it's too cute. It didn't have a scar though, what kind of Frankenstein doesn't have a scar?.... And for me Sharpies are kind of like duck-tape they fix almost anything, I colored in a scar myself, much better!

The kids found these cool magnets, that they both loved....
After leaving target we decided to head to Barnes and Noble to check out a book Mr. Fantastic had been wanting. We found some Halloween books for the kids,the book for Mr. Fantastic and this for me....
I can't wait to try it out, the pics are beautiful and there are a million cupcake recipes, and anyone that knows me at all knows how much I love cupcakes, they are the perfect dessert..... they are... and that is the end of it.

Oh, and Little P went to a birthday party this weekend for her friend Jessica. She had a cooking birthday party, all of the girls were given their own aprons, chefs hat and they had a blast making their own pizza's and decorating brownie hearts. When they left, instead of giving the girls bags of candy and plastic toys that never even last the ride home, each girl was given this:
It is a small oven mitt, with a matching pot holder, a whisk, a set of measuring spoons, a little packet of blank recipe cards one candy necklace, a little thing of bubbles and a small bowl scraper. I thought this was such a great idea, and so much more original than the standard goodie bags. Little P can't wait to whisk up some eggs in the morning!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best goodie bag I've seen!

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home