Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Door Bell Treats

We received a visit from the Phantom Ghost last night. Poor Boots, he was walking up the stairs to go to bed when the door bell rang. Anyone with dogs or even a dog will tell you that is the trigger for massive barking. So there he was, minding his own little buisness heading for his bedroom when the door bell went and the dogs were barking and running for the door, the poor kid jumped three feet in the air and high tailed it for his room, I happened to be coming out of his room to get the door when he saw me in the hall, I guess he figured that he wasn't going to waste time going around me, so he drove for the floor and at lightening speed crawled through my legs to to the safety of his room promptly slamming the door behind him. By the time I got to the door I was laughing so hard I was crying!

When I opened the door there was no one there, but I found this:
It had a note with it, that said it was a Phantom Ghost spreading the Halloween cheer, and for me to do the same to two other houses that needed some extra fun. After some coaxing, Boots decided to come out and see the surprise on the table. He was so excited at the idea of doing a special Halloween surprise for someone else. I thought for sure he would be stoked at the idea of a big basket full of candy sitting in front of him. Don't get me wrong, he loved every last bite of the chocolate covered marshmallow pumpkin ! But I have to be honest, all of that took a backseat the excitement of doing something fun like this for someone else. I have to say, I am one proud momma. Little P was asleep at this point, long day at school, so she kind of missed out on the initial excitement of it, but she was thrilled when she woke up this morning to a smiling pumpkin face packed with goodies to investigate!

According to the instructions, you have one day to leave your treat for some other wonderful recipients to find, so off to the store we went. We found all of this Halloween Goodness!
Some details of pic are:

Some black Jack-O-Lantern votive holders with tea lights and some cute stickers...
Who doesn't need a new orange back scrubber for Halloween??? Maybe then, they would feel like making cookies!....
I've been waiting all of my life for some Skull straws and Mummy torch light, haven't you?...
Glow in the dark vampire teeth and Spooky M&M's, you never know when you might have to bite someone and then offer them a treat to apologize....
I love what you can find for a dollar... I would wear this everywhere, just because I could.
Maybe not these, it might depend on the day.
I did decide to put a little note in with each basket, because a few of the things are wrapped in tissue and tucked into the baskets. Here are the notes:
We are suppose to deliver the bags by the dark of night and here lately, that is anytime after 7 pm! So the kids and I will be delivering them tonight!
Here they are ready to go....
While we were out secret Halloween shopping Boots spotted these:
He loves bugs, his eyes lit up so much you would have thought it was Christmas...He has been playing with them all afternoon, and having a fair time trying to scare the pants off of his sister...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ko Jo said...

LOVE THAT IDEA!! Whoever started that idea is awesome. Maybe I'll try it at this end and make someone's day :)

8:05 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

that idea is friggin' fabulous!!! that would have completely made my day if someone did that for me.

i'm going to have to remember this idea :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

This is a really great idea - and I love all the stuff you bought for your door bell treats!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea - what fun!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home