Friday, October 06, 2006

Catch Up

Sorry for the absence, things come up, or down in our case. We have been COLD here for a few days. The thermostat was on the fritz, making it crazy chilly in here over nights! And the computer happens to be in the family room, which is in a much chillier part of the house. And if you sit at it for more than five minutes your fingers start to become numb, so no major blogging going on here! After a visit from Isaac Heating and Cooling, we are good for the winter!

Little P is off from school today and Monday. She is also sick, so there won't be any major events happening this little vacation. We will be apple picking today. The fresh air will do her good. And just think of all of the pies and crisps, turnovers, apple butter, apple chutney, candied apples, dried apple slices, apple cake, apple pumpkin bread,.... the list goes on and on and on. I'd better stop before I sound too much like Bubba in Forrest Gump.

So back to last weekend, here is the rest of what we saw....

This is Cindy's Pies, as you can see.
She even has her own parking just for pie customers only.... she was a trip....
While we were still at the festival we learned that you can purchase custom caskets, just the thing I thought we would find at a craft festival.
We saw these supper cute, fat little animals, I am not one for these type of things, they are of no use to me, however they were so cute I couldn't stand it, and I really had to fight to find a reason NOT to buy them.
I found this for Jenn, it's perfect. Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I don't deal well with trust, so those who have my trust better be in this for the LONG haul, and Jenn at 25 years and counting definitely is!
Meet, Dora, I am sure she needs no other introduction.
Walking down the street looking out at the vines the smell was just too wonderful not to buy fresh grapes...
Then we went to Bob n Ruth's. This place was small town in a package. Our waitress was about 90 and witty as hell. The food was great and we laughed our butts off the entire time.
I still have more to show you, some creepy sculptures and some other great finds, see you tomorrow ( I promise this time! )

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

That place looks fabulous! Who knew caskets could be crafty! I'll be waiting to see all those apple products. I plan to go apple picking this season as well, but I'm sure all I can muster is a pie or something.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Give Little P a hug and a kiss for me. Save me a slice of your incredible apple pie when I get home in just a few short weeks.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home