Friday, March 23, 2007

Cotton Candy Like Me

See I told you I would get it done!
I made some time this morning after playing pirates with Boots of course to sit down and hand sew. There is a huge difference in hand and machine and I am not just talking look or control. I get so much more gratification with hand sewing something. Well, that pretty much only holds true if it turns out like I want it to. But you have so much more control over detail and there is something to be said for holding a hand stitched item in your hand. I have a few things that my mom made that are entirely by hand. They are wrapped in tissue paper and stuck away. Partly because I want to care for them properly to make sure they don't have any unnecessary wear. And partly because it still stings to see them.

And there is more big news here... we have Ladybugs!
They hatched a few days ago. When they were first hatched they were a pale butter yellow and as the hours wore on they darkened into their signature berry red. The kids have been loving watching them. We are just waiting for a day to be warm enough to release them. From what I understand if you release them in the yard in the morning they will be likely to stay there for the duration of their life. If they will keep the Aphids from killing my trees this summer I would be more than thrilled to release them what ever time they want!

And by the way, yesterday I had one of those moments when I had some idea that I might be doing something right. After finishing up the dolls and handing them over to the kids, Little P who had been waiting rather patiently for hers to be done, held hers up to her face and inhaled deeply, I giggled a little and said, " What on earth are you doing?". She turned to me and said, "She smells like you, like cotton candy, and that makes me love her even more." God, I love that kid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

What a sweetheart! And lucky you to smell like cotton candy!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home