Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Time for a Change

Little P has out grown her book case. We happen to have a large book case, that has been moved around our house several times and finally landed in the dining room. It was suppose to be temporary, just to hold extra juice, soda, dishes. That was three years ago. It was time for something more permanent. So with Little P's need in mind, I revamped the book case for her, adding the necessary flowers and a new coat of paint.
Then I was left with this large hole in my dining room and no extra place to put stuff. We always have some furniture lying around, in the garage, or in the basement with my intention of refinishing. In this case, It worked out great that I have been such a furniture pack rat!

So it started out like this....
I forgot to take a picture of it with all of the drawers in, and before we flipped it and taped off the top! But here are the drawers. Check out those pulls, Oh you know you want them. Who doesn't want pineapples with wings???
Anywho, here they are minus new pulls. I can't decide which one's I want, the story of my life!
And here is the dresser repainted and curing. Yes, I know to let it cure for at least 24 hours before sealing it and then another 24 hours before putting it into use, or in other words filling it up with crap.
I will take a final picture when it is in place all decorated for fall.

A good friend of ours mom had some bad news a while back that resulted in an operation, chemo, and a incredibly strong will. We just got the word that she is all clear. I know and love her whole family. You have never met nicer people. She fought, and fought and fought and WON. Today, when it is so common to hear the words cancer and loss in the same sentence, I cheer for her, and I don't mean politely clap and tell her good job. I mean jump up and down screaming for her until I have no voice left and my hand are raw from slamming them together kind of cheering. Momma Pooh, you have been so good to me, you will never understand what that has meant. If there was anyone that ever deserved a second chance, I would say with out a hesitation, it's you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Those flowers are perfection! Envying your furniture stockpile - you wouldn't happen to have a couch in there, would ya?

Great news about your friend's mom. We lost my hubby's dad a couple of years ago to cancer, even though statistically he was one of the ones that was supposed to make it. Cancer is an awful, terrible thing, and it is really great news worthy of screams and jumping up and down when you hear somebody beat it.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home