Saturday, September 23, 2006

Button, Button, Who's Got The Button

I have been been given 20 of these super sweet metal pumpkins! Oh the possibilities for fall decorating!!!!! I have something involving lights in mind. I will be decorating this week, so look for pics then!!!!
Walking again down nostalgia lane, I watched Boots playing in my huge stock of buttons the other day. Something I remember vividly doing in my mothers sewing room. He was sitting at my desk, in front of a window with light flooding in, the buttons shining like diamonds as his little hands swirled around in them. I must have watched quietly for at least 30 minutes as his little profile was just lit up.
It is totally moments like that, that remind me to slow down and really look. He took such simple pleasure in this huge mess of buttons. Later on in the day I found out that he loved the way they were cool in his hands, and he loved the colors, and that when he ran his hands through them they landed differently every time. This is something that I could never find on a toy store shelf, seeing him enjoy something so simple in such a huge way. I wonder if this is what my mom felt like seeing me at that age, with my hands up to the elbows in her bin full of buttons. I hope so, because it's a wonder way to feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home