Friday, July 28, 2006

Naps and Magic

It's been a quiet day, Little P had a magic show this morning that she attended and loved. Boots and I ran errands from the time we dropped her off until we picked her up. I noticed that after lunch he got very quiet. I think the heat was a bit much for him, what do you think?

On another note, a while ago I decided that I needed a large work area of my own. After some encouraging words from Mr. Fantastic I did purchase a large desk and new chair.

When I was setting up my sewing/ craft area I remembered some old mason jars with glass lids that I had found years and years ago. I also remembered that one of them was missing a lid. When I put them across the very top shelf of the desk and filled them with matching bits , I knew there was a reason that I had saved them. I love how glass sparkles in the sun, and there is just something about the old mason jars that I can't resist!

And as for the lone one with no lid... where else was I going to put all of my paintbrushes?

Here are a few random things that I just love...

A painted bobble turtle, a gift from my mom, at some point in my college career. (Knowing her it was tucked in with new socks and freshly baked cookies!)

A small glass rabbit, a childhood gift from my only Aunt.
I randomly change the face on my pincushion, kind of keeps it interesting.

I got this for my birthday from Jill and Dan among a ton of other stuff! I have wanted one for a while now and was thrilled to get one. It fits my rule! It serves two purposes, it cuts fantastic straight lines, and it looks really stinkin' cute! What??? That IS a purpose!

I do have to find a better solution for my ribbon, this works for now, but I would like to find something else...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ko Jo said...

There is nothing cuter or more peaceful than a sleeping child. Bubba looks so angelic, you just wonder what he is dreaming about.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home