Sunday, July 02, 2006

I have lost it......


Today, after running some errands, Mr. Fantastic, the kids and I stopped by the grocery store on our way home. Upon leaving the store, Mr. Fantastic sees a wild grocery cart headed right for a shiney new Exterra. So he runs to stop it from hitting the car. He went to put the cart in the cart holder thingy and the owner of said vehicle came walking up with her cart and snarles rather rudely, "Did that hit my car?", "Did it?". Mr. Fantastic just said no and continued to walk with us. After a few feet he turned to me and said," That was rude, I guess she didn't realize that I was stopping the cart. Oh well. " At this point we are now at our car and I am loading the groceries in the back.

I finished with the groceries and started to take our cart back. As I am walking to the cart holder I find myself passing the first one, and the second one, and approaching the third one( the one RIGHT next to her car) with speed. At this point I am sooooo pissed off.

So I put my cart away and as she is about ready to hop into her UN-blemished car, I grab her attention with. "Excuse me, I want a word with you."

Before I recount the conversation let me clarify a few things. This lady was old enough to be my mother, and I am 30. So in my opinion definitely old enough to know better, but not so old that she has lost her mind and can't remember her manners and she did manage to spot the tattoos from 20 feet away mind you. Secondly my husband has a lot of tattoos. 20 +, and today he happened to be wearing a Denise Rodman jersey, old khaki cargo shorts, and he has a mohawk. It's small, he has to keep the rest of his hair reasonable by his company standards, and when he is on his own time, he likes to rock the hawk. On to the conversation.

Me- Excuse me, I want a word with you.

BL (Bitchy Lady)- Yes

Me- That man that just saved your precious car from being dinged, that was not his cart. He just happened to see it going toward your car and though he would do the right thing and stopped it.

BL- Well, all I saw was your son with tattoos and I figured

Me (cutting her off)- First off, he is my husband, not my son, and all you saw was his tattoos, and his mohawk, and what you didn't see was him doing something nice for you.

BL- Well I just saw

Me- Yes, we already established what you saw, and what you failed to see. He is a good guy, showing his children about doing nice things for people. Being thoughtful, something you seem to have not gotten the hang of yet.

BL- (well, nothing she had stopped talking at this point)

Me - So you have a nice guy to thank, and perhaps next time try not to judge a book by it's cover. Oh yeah, and a Thank You would have been a nice touch.

I then turned around and walked back to my car. Mr. Fantastic is sitting in the drivers seat, grinning at me, "Your nuts," he tells me, " I appreciate the fact that you've got my back, but it's okay." I then recounted the entire thing to him because he didn't hear any of it. He just grinned and shook his head, I do love my man, and I will not be having some old bitchy lady who has preconceived notions of good and bad, thinking that she was right and feel comfortable in mind that being naive is okay. Well not today sister.

And to top this trip off, we get in the car and Little P declares that we need a doobie, I almost lost it, I was laughing so hard I had to compose myself before asking "WHAT?" She was combining dinner and a movie and it came out doobie, so we all went home and had a doobie. And it was great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ko Jo said...

Laughed so hard almost peed my pants. I look forward to enjoying a doobie with you all when we get there in 10 days!!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home