Thursday, July 27, 2006

Cookbooks and Pancakes

So I have been trying to find some time to bake, it's something that I LOVE to do and it has just been too damn hot! So when it was a little cooler yesterday I made these...



They are pound cake chocolate carmel bars..... Yummmmmm



And for the last of the locally grown and picked blueberries I thought Blueberry Pancakes sounded great. Apparently I am a horrible mother and I have never made them for my children before...




Here are they very happily blueberry smeared children fast at work devouring their breakfast!



This is one of my most prized possessions, when I turned 21, my mother made this cookbook for me. It has every recipe that I could ever need.



All are from family members or friends, handed down through the years, there are notes in the margins and a HUGE list of substitutions that I use way too often. There are recipes that require things the size of a walnut and recipes that actually use the word smidgen. I love this cookbook, I use this cookbook every day, and I am starting to share the recipes with the people I love and trust the most. That is the way it is suppose to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home