Thursday, June 22, 2006

Birthday Surprises!

Yesterday, after I had scrubbed my whole house, and was pretty fed up with everything, a wonderful thing happened. The UPS man came! I LOVE when the UPS man comes to my door, because he is never bringing me bills or more junk mail. oh no, no, no, he only brings presents... Glorious Ebay finds, or fantastic other on line purchases. And once in a while, he brings gifts, special surprises for someone in our family sent from someone packed with love. Stop gagging, and listen....

This is what happened yesterday. The UPS man brought me a birthday gift from my sister in law in California and her family. It was filled with this!



When we were in Cali in December for Christmas, (I know, rough life!) I was giving her some tips on making jam and we went to this kitchen store in La Jolla. It had the most amazing stuff, I was like a kid in a candy store. This cracked her up, she had never seen anyone go so nuts over french jelly jars, and bowl scrapers.

So she gave me the best kind of present, it was packed with breast cancer awareness pot holders( especially close to my heart) prep bowls, a mini egg whisk just like my egg cups and timer, and she didn't even know I had those. That's some connection! It had this really cool clampy thing that clamps on the side of pot and hold any spoon, silicone muffin cups ( that I have been dying to try!) a fabulous new scraper, a super cute little spatula, a mini grater and funnel. A silicone popsicle mold, and last but most certainly not least these little measuring spoons that read, dash: smidgen: and pinch. I saw these in December and she remembered and went back six months later and got them for me. I LOVE that woman!

I can't wait to use my silicone muffin cups, which I will be tomorrow, making Little P's favorite Double Chocolate Banana Muffins.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ko Jo said...

I have been blogged!! You have made it big time once you are blogged :) I am so glad you like your "kitchen bag of goodies". It was fun shopping for you. I love you very much and I am so grateful that you are apart of our wonderful, highly entertaining, and slightly eccentric family. Cannot wait to see you very soon!!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home