Sunday, June 04, 2006

Did I tell you ????

We have butterflies, well had rather. After they all emerged, were well fed and ogled at we let them go. We had them in the house for about 2 days. When Little P got home from school it was release time. So they bravely marched out on to the deck to say good bye. After all these creatures have been with us for some time now, so to turn them out into the big world is a very monumental step for such young care givers. They both had the amazing experience of actually holding a butterfly in their hands. For Boots, this could not have been a bigger moment. It is all he has talked about for days! And everyday we go out and look for them, he is insistent that they would stay close to home. I keep getting these visions of him leaving for college (in 15 years! ) and me insisting he stay close to home.

Here they are in their moments of glory!


Here is Boots holding Bye.

They loved every second of this, and truthfully so did we! I grew up in the country, so you'd think that I would have seen all of this by now. Guess again folks, new to me too. I am kind of sorry that it is over. But not for long! There are so many more mini habitats to be had!

I have been sewing Pointy Kitties thanks to Wee Wonderfuls
So many that they are infact starting to take over the family room! I will post pics later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home