Sunday, May 21, 2006

Oven Fried Chicken

I know, two posts in one day. Now you think I have a ton of time on my hands don't you?
I mentioned this recipe the other day and I swear by it. I pound the chicken out flat and there for I need quite a few pans in the oven! It comes out golden brown and crispy, every thing you want in fried chicken with out the frying part. And it couldn't be easier, throw it in the oven, set your timer, come back in 15 minutes, flip, go do something else for another 15 minutes, Chicken's done!


Ingredients:
3 tbsp butter
8 bonesless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup flour
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp oregano
2 eggs
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375, place a 13 x 9 baking dish
into oven.

In a shallow bowl combine flour,
cayenne, garlicsalt, and oregano. Wisk together
making sure to combine really well. Set aside.

In another shallow bowl, beat two eggs. Place bread
crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the
flour and lighly coat both sides, then dip the
chicken in the egg and finally dip the chicken in
the bread crumbs, place on a plate and repeat the
process until all of the chicken is done.

Place the butter in the hot pan in the oven, let
melt. Once the butter has melted place the chicken in
the dish, andturn to coat with butter. Bake for 30 to 35
minutes. Turn each piece over after 15 minutes.


I don't have a pic for this one, but I will be making it
tomorrow so I will post one then.




2 Comments:

Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

Sounds yummy! My friend uses a similar recipe, except uses crushed cornflakes to get it extra crispy and no cayene pepper.

11:12 AM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

and no oregano either.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home