Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Birthdays are funny things....

Yep I turned 30 yesterday. And it was a great day. I was blessed with all sorts of well wishes and cards. A singing phone call from my mom in law was a morning treat! Is that not the cutest thing ever? And I got to talk to my nieces in CA, and had a wonderful conversation with the most beautiful 35 year old woman I know.

I had all sorts of treat, my neighbor baked me a Nana'a Apple cake for one, complete with birthday candle. Too cute for words!

From Little P I recieved a fantastic shirt. I love it! Ever since I get to make my own hours, and plan my own day, this is my work attire, tee shirts, the bottoms vary depending on the weather, lately it has been jeans (a little chilly here in NY).


From Boots I received Cheaper by the Dozen: This movie is sooooo cute. And we have family movie night at our house. We sometimes get take out, some times we just move dinner into the living room and have family movie night, gathered around our coffee table. Dinner and a movie style. They are the best dates ever.


And from Mr. Fantastic I received a book that I have been waiting to read called: My Friend Leonard, by James Frey. Yes I am aware of the controversy. Personally I don't care. The guy can write and I am all for a good book.

The kids and Mr. Fantastic also made a kick ass dinner of chicken parm, with fresh bread and I made cream puffs for dessert. I can't let them have ALL the fun!


And a beautiful candle lit bath complete with bubble and relaxation music and a glass of wine. It is good to be 30!

1 Comments:

Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

Happy Birthday! I fondly remember the 30's as being the best decade of my life.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home